1. Open your spreadsheet by going to sheets.google.com and clicking on it. If you wish to create a new spreadsheet and enter your data, click sheets.new instead.
2. Select the data that you want to include in the bar graph by clicking the first cell, then holding the “shift” key on your Mac or PC keyboard while clicking the last cell. This will allow you to select the data that you want to include in the bar graph.
3. From the top toolbar, pick “Insert,” and then from the drop-down menu, select “Chart.”
4. Select the desired chart type from the dropdown menu that appears in the pop-up chart menu.
5. Once you’ve reached the “Bar” area, select the bar chart that works best with your data by scrolling down to it.
In that pop-up box, you also have the option to further modify your chart by aggregating your data, adjusting the data range, and, if relevant, switching the rows and columns.